Medical Records and Health Information
Faculty name: Health, Science, and Technology.
Study Program: Medical Records and Health Information
First Operation: July 2011
Accreditation Number: 0866/LAM-PTKes/Akr /Sar/X /2016
Medical Records and Health Information Study Program is a study program that is opened to generate professionals of patient data analysis in health care centers using advances in information technology. This study program is the first in Indonesia with a bachelor’s degree (S1).
A bachelor of Medical Records and Health Information is expected to be able to create a comprehensive and accurate electronic recording system (Electronic Medical Record) about the patient’s whereabouts, then it can provide input to the management of health institutions (hospitals) as material for evaluating the performance of the resources involved in the service.
At present, the need for Medical Records and Health Information labor is very high, and it is predicted that it will continue to increase from year to year. This is because there has not been a single health institution that has a Bachelor of PIK (S-1) graduate until now, so job opportunities are very open. Besides that, with the issue of health insurance for every citizen, handling health laws, cancer registers, and the use of electronic medical records, the role of bachelor of Medical Records and Health Information will be greater.
Becoming Medical Records and Health Information can generate a professional, excel and exemplary, and have good character graduates in medical records and international standards
- Conducting an excel learning process supported by good internal management and a superior academic atmosphere.
- Preparing excel, professional, and moral human resources (HR).
- Making Medical Records and Health Information Study Program a center for studies in medical recorders and health information.
- Conducting research in medical records and developing science and technology so that they can contribute to improving service quality in health institutions.
- Becoming a professional partner with health institutions both at national and international levels in recording and health information.
- Conducting community services oriented towards non-medical health (the administrative procedure of patient visits to hospitals or other health institutions), so that the society knows the procedures clearly that must be taken when using these health facilities.
Graduate Profile and Description
The Bachelor of Medical Records and Health Information is expected to be able to fill medical record staff position in various places including:
- Care clinic
- Medical center
- Community Health Service Center
- Department of Health
- Insurance company
- Insurance-related companies.